C.Med. (2002-2016 ret.), Certificate in Conflict Resolution (JIBC), Diploma in Public Sector Management, University of Victoria
- Qualified neutral child interviewer with the Hear the Child Society http://hearthechild.ca since 2013
- Practising mediator since 1999, including three years civil mediation experience in Small Claims Court.
- Experience working with families in mediation since 2002.
- Experience working with people who have mental health and disability issues and agencies who support them since 1991.
- Experience as a consultant in the field of health and social services since 1991.
- Experience in working with First Nations agencies, communities and families since 2002.
- Over 110 hours of personal coaching training with the Coaches Training Institute, California, USA.
As a mentor with the Mediate BC Child Protection Practicum and Family Mediation Program, I have supported the development of new mediators. In support of my continuing development as a mediator, I regularly participate in continuing education programs as both a seminar leader and student.
As a mediator I use an interest-based mediation model and provide mediations that are solution focused with a goal of developing enduring agreements.
I am also on the roster of neutral child interviewers with the Hear the Child Society. The new BC Family Law Act (ss. 37(2)(b), 202, 211(1)(b)) and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (Article 12) support hearing the views of children in family justice processes where a child’s best interests are being determined. Please visit the Hear the Child website http://hearthechild.ca for more detailed information on this service.
"Thank you for the resolution to our family issues. The experience was very comfortable and the peaceful outcome was welcome. With respect to the level of professionalism you provided, a big thank you."
"Bobbi, thanks again for your amazing skills yesterday. You are such a pleasure to work with; so calm and thoughtful and such a good job of holding folks accountable while bringing out the best in them."
"Bobbi was especially effective at moderating this mediation where two the participants were connected by long distance telephone - not an easy mediation give the diverse positions that the opposing sides brought to the table."